Association Benefits(Re: SC - Cooking Laurels)

RichSCA@aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Mon Apr 24 14:46:04 PDT 2000

> > But please beware that you are not going at this backwards....the
purpose
> for doing cooking and reserach should not be for the achievement of a
> pewter dangly or some meaningless letters after your name. We all desire
> validation of people we admire, but I would assure you that this is
> certainly acheievable without the award. Do good work. Do good work
> cheerfully. Teach others openly. Comport yourself with dignity and grace,
> even when the chicken is on fire and the pie crust is soggy five minutes
> before serving. Validation comes from others when you show them what you
> are capable of. IF the council in your area has the same values you do,
> they will recognise you with the pewter dangly thing. if not, then you
> should still be having fun doing what you enjoy, and garnering the respect
> of people who DO share your values of good food, good company and good
> will. and isnt that what really matters?

I like the way you phrased your response.  I want to add however I have been
told what I will not receive and why so many times I find it hard to smile
and keep on chopping.  (Have you ever noticed those who think they know the
most about peers aren't peers, and are convinced belts are metered out in
dark rooms by nefarious sex crazed bitter old farts?)  Peers are not saints
but most of them have been kind, answered my questions and pretended to know
me.  I cook because its to hot to fight, the kitchen is near the cold beer
and most importantly I love cooking.  Not eating oddly enough, but cooking,
vinting, brewing or whatever.

I may post the following in latin, galic or norse.
"yes we know we will never be laurals.
Thank you for your concern please drive on and be negative somewhere else.
We are having more fun than you could imagine or would be willing to be a
part of."

Now if i can only get it to ryme or sound foresooth in some way.

Nykademus