SC - Spice Round?

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Mon Apr 24 15:32:58 PDT 2000

I have found that, for meats, local butcher shops usually can cut you a deal on
the cost of meat.  I used a local place, Calvert Meats, until it went out of
business (the owner retired) a little while ago.  Now I use the butcher at our
local Amish Market.  I get really great deals from him and incredibly beautiful
meat.  And he can find things that you don't usually find in supermarkets and
discout stores...like the huge, wonderful soup bones he found for me for the
feast I cooked two weeks ago!

I also get my veggies and fruit from the Produce dealer at the Amish Market.
Again, as he is his own boss, he can cut me a deal...and provide the highest
quality fruit and vegetables.  The supermarkets here are selling asparagus that
is big, tough and not great...and expensive ($2.99/lb).  The guy at the Amish
Market got lovely, tender, small shoots of asparagus and let me have it for
$2.00/lb!

Kiri