SC - bread pudding

Etain1263@aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 02:31:37 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/24/00 3:19:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ekoogler at chesapeake.net writes:

> Ooooooo.....yes, yes, yes!  One of my favorites is a Kira Royale (I think
> that's
>  how it's spelled)...a dollop of chambord in a glass of champagne...I can
> almost
>  taste it now!

Gentles, here are my own recipes for Chambord drinks.  They are not
proprietary, so use them at your pleasure :)

Emotion Lotion:  1/2 oz vodka, 2 oz Chambord, 2 oz. Orange Juice and a float
of Grenadine on top.  Serve in a chilled Collins glass, over ice if you like.

Razz'matazz:  2 oz Chambord, 8 oz Zima (malt beverage), 1/2 oz Peppermint
Schnapps.  Pour Chambord and schnapps over cracked ice in collins glass, fill
with Zima and garnish with a cherry.

Cham-Pooh:  2 oz Chambord, 1 oz Creme de Cacao (dark), 2 oz Kahlua, 1 oz
Bailey's Irish Cream.  Mix well and serve over crushed ice (or blended) in a
tall glass. Add a dollop of whipped cream if it suits your tastes.

Berries in the Mud:  8 oz Hot, strong coffee, 1 oz Chambord, 1 oz Kahlua, and
1/2 oz heavy cream.  Serve in coffee cup with chocolate swizzle stick.

The following are a few recipes for desserts I have created using Chambord.

Nervous Pudding :  1 pint vanilla ice cream (melted), 1 pkg strawberry
Jell-O, and 1/4 Cup Chambord.  Follow package directions for jello, stirring
in the ice cream and chambord in place of a portion of the water called for
on the package.  Pour into a mold (you choose the shape) and let set until
firm.  Unmold on serving platter, and allow guests to serve themselves, or
plate individually on top of a slice of warm pound cake.

Chambord Granite:  1 cup Chambord, 1 Cup Sugar, 6 cups water.  Combine sugar
and water and bring to a boil.  Boil until sugar is dissolved, and mixture is
reduced by 1/3.  Remove from heat and add Chambord.  Pour into a rectangular
pan (such as a half sheet pan) and place in freezer overnight.  When ready to
serve, chill champagne flutes or other nice glasses (I use gold gilt Lambic
glasses), and place a thin slice of lemon, lime or orange in the bottom.
Scrape the granite into the glasses using a vegetable peeler or melon baller
(it should look rather like crushed ice) and serve with a dollop of lightly
whipped cream or yoghurt.

Black Raspberry Demi-Glace (for Duck, Pheasant or other game bird):
    Take your favorite game stock (or beef stock will do nicely), and an
equal amount of brown sauce, and boil them together until reduced by half.
Add a few grates of fresh nutmeg, the zest of 1 orange, finely minced, and
1/2 cup Chambord.  Monte au beurre (finish with butter), and serve
over/under/with your meat.  Note that this recipe also goes well with
Venison, though for this I add a few drops of Balsamic vinegar to the sauce
just before serving.

Sorry for the Off Topic stuff, folks.  Hope you enjoy anyway.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.