SC - Martha was: Documented Substitutions (Long)

Morses3@aol.com Morses3 at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 13:26:03 PDT 2000

- --- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler at chesapeake.net> wrote:
> Yeah, I know...and you know....but he apparently
> didn't reckon with the fact
> that someone other than one of his "buds" would win
> Crown.  As it happened, (if
> memory serves), that Crown was won by one Stephan of
> Bellatrix...as opposite an
> individual from this King as possibly could be.  So
> now we're back on track...I
> think.
>
> Kiri

So you had one of the Ducklings as your king.  Right
on!

Back when Caid was a Principality of the West, during
one of the many reigns of his parents, Paul and Carol,
they had come to Caid for a Coronet Tourney in the
Barony of the Isles (Santa Barbara).  The tourney site
was fairly wild and had a stream running through it.
Stephan was about 5 or 6 at the time.  He had gotten
bored and wandered off following the stream looking
for, if I recall correctly, frogs and such.  He was
not missed until closing court.  We had to delay
closing court for 1.5 hours while we all fanned out
and searched for him.  He was found several miles
upstream. Paul had made some comment about how hard it
was keep track of his kids when on the throne because
his kids tended to scatter.  Someone then quipped,
"Like ducklings, huh?"  And the name stuck, at least
here in Caid.

Huette