SC -fondue forks

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Apr 25 15:53:57 PDT 2000

Allison,

Spiff!! Thanks *very* much for the duck recipe!!! Looking forward to making
it so that I can have some more of this yummy dish...

Katja

***********
Ice Dragon Duck

1 duck, 3-4 lbs.				2 C. chicken broth
1 C. chopped onion			3 T. white wine
3 T. raisins				2 T. currants
1 T. rose hips
Pinches of grains of paradise, cinnamon, blades of mace, salt
Pinches of rosemary, fresh thyme, sorrell
Stuffing: 1 C. green grapes, ¾ C. unblanched almonds

I simmered the duck in the broth and flavoring until very tender, turning
once.  I removed the duck from the broth, allowed it to cool, removed the
skin, wing tips, and bones, setting the meat aside.  The meat was sliced,
where thick enough.  The broth was strained.  After removing the woody
bits of the herbs and spices, the grapes, raisins, currants and almonds
were run through the blender with some of the broth, in order to make a
sauce.