SC - another try

Diana tantra at optonline.net
Wed Apr 26 17:20:26 PDT 2000

 Aethelwulf wrote:

>   To say I am disappointed is a fair assesment,
>    I gladly joined this list in order to learn
>     about period food and cooking.I easily
>    made it known what i was seeking and not
>    one msg. or missive of welcome was seen.
>    to say that i now view this list as elitist,
>     un-welcoming and cold IS an accurate statement.
>    After viewing todays posts and seeing baron siggy
>     starting up the"silliness" he so loves to spread
>    about on other lists i decided that this place is
>     of no possible help to myself or to what i choose
>     to pursue and that pursuit is to learn about
>    period food,period cooking,food preperation and
>     all things related to further the art in my fair
>    kingdom and to help others as others have helped me.

I have seen no questions from this gentle in the last month or so. As to
his comment that the list is unhelpful, elitist and cold makes me wonder if
he read the messages at all.  I have learned many useful things over the
last month.  Yes, the list denigrates into silliness once in a while, but
one can't expect a list where everyone is real to stay static and serious
forever.
I'm not going to apologise for being elitist, just because I decline to
comment on the length of someone's hair.
I know several people here think me snotty and arrogant, but I've been
called worse before, and they are free to think what they will.  But on the
whole, even though I am not as eloquent a speaker as others, I have still
found the list as worm and congenial a place as I could hope for where
peope will answer any legitimate questions I have and in general forgive me
my blunders.
Just my 2c worht
- -Katerine