SC - Documented Substitutions (Long)

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Apr 26 20:35:13 PDT 2000

- -Poster: <Elysant at aol.com>

I'm reading all these posts on Bread pudding with a little surprise here. :-)
 Coming from Britain,  I had the distinct impression that Bread Pudding was a
"working class" dish made from left over bread, sugar and dried fruit, so
that a dessert was made from scraps and one didn't waste any of the stale
bread.

The recipes for Bread Pudding on this list here of late seem far more
glamorous!  And whiskey sauce with Bread Pud?  Never heard of it!

Elysant
showing her British side and lack of world wide bread pudding knowledge  ;-)