SC - Chambord Recipes-OOP

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed Apr 26 21:54:26 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/26/00 8:21:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

> << but this does illustrate my point that, indeed, the
>   medieval cook was not as bound by the recipe as the list seems to think.
 >

>  I am not the list but I would like to thank you for providing specific
>  recipes which call for specific substitutions within those specific
recipes.

>  That has always been my position. Period cooks substituted specific ways
>  within specific recipes. Thanks again. :-)

Actually, I think you are interpreting the data incorrectly.  It would be
quite a laborious task to list all of the possible substitutions for each and
every dish, so I believe that the medieval cook, like the modern cook, merely
listed those which popped readily to mind.  But, you can choose to look at
the information any way you see fit. If you feel these were the only
ingredients the cook felt were appropriate to the dish, then that's your
opinion.  I, however, am of a different one.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.