SC - Things that affect cooking

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed Apr 26 23:04:00 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/26/00 10:22:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
crigby at uswest.net writes:

>  If this is true, then why don't all the recipes offer substitutions?
>  Instead of just specific ones.  To me this only shows that certain recipes
>  had "acceptable" substitutions, not all recipes.

It is unfortunate you feel this way, for it is a fairly narrow way of
thinking.  Why do you feel that the authors of these recipes had to write
down every possible substitution on every possible recipe?  Do we do that
today?  No, we don't.  Why not?  Because it likely would have taken the vast
majority of the authors life!  These recipes are guidelines, just as they are
today.  They are not standardized, corporate recipes.  But hey!  If you wish
to consider them as "carved in stone", then that's you business, not mine.
Enjoy.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.