SC - Question re Florence

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Apr 27 05:29:57 PDT 2000

>    To say I am disappointed is a fair assesment,
>     I gladly joined this list in order to learn
>      about period food and cooking

Hmmm.  Very odd.  I actually found this to be quite a warm group of
cooks!  I joined about a week ago and in that week's time we have
discussed many interesting things.  Some silly, yes; but if you have
ever been in a kitchen you would realize that silliness happens with
cooks.  When you've had your head stuck in a pot all day and chopped
more veggies than you care to count you tend to get a little silly.
I've actually enjoyed the silliness.

Did I receive a "grand welcoming" from everyone on the list?  No.
Neither did I expect one.  I did recieve a sweeping virtual hug from
my children's godmother, but then of course she's family.  I would
expect that.  Besides, I have my eye on her son for one of my
daughters.  Ooops, I'm being silly.

As far as learning from this list.  What do you want to learn?  We've
discussed substitutiary cooking, food fights and whether they were
period or accepted, turnips and carrots, and sources for recipes and
pictures of feasts and cooking.  I've filed away quite a few recipes
and added several new bookmarks to my browser.

I'm sorry you don't appreciate this list as much as I do.  But I
stepped into the kitchen and found soul-mates, people who enjoy
cooking, redacting recipes, grinding their own spices, seeking better
ways to serve a period meal, both for feasting and in their own
encampments.

Melbrigda
There was som deceptyon or frawdulent
induction that hath made her to condescende
therunto

Visit my website at http://milkmama.tripod.com/sca.html