OT Re: SC - Cooking Laurels

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 27 20:28:01 PDT 2000

    Squealer? Why do I have this sinking feeling that this is one of the
main ingredients in hot dogs?. Or wasn't he one of the evil pigs in Animal
Farm?
    Stuffed heart is great, just have to make sure all the connective tissue
is trimmed well. I've only had beef heart, which tastes a bit strong for
some peoples tastes, but the milk soak sounds like it would mellow a lot of
that out. I'd add onions to the milk, myself. That's how we prep 'gator tail
down here, and that takes some of the 'fishy' flavor out. Calf heart should
have an even milder taste.
    It makes a great presentation dish, and when you serve it, carry it in
on your shoulder (or head, depending on how rambunctious you want to be).
That way, you can tell her that you've got a heart on for her . . .(buhdum
Boom!) Ya just had to know it was coming, right?

    Sieggy, heading for the bunker . . .fast