SC - Another new project....

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri Apr 28 12:33:01 PDT 2000

I'd like some comments from people on the following subject:

Differences in cookery results from different cooking materials

The reason for this is that in my work translating the Rheinfrankisches
Kochbuch, I've become sensitized to the fact that we are told to cook in
an earthen [pottery] casserole, or one that is glazed pottery, or various
other substances.  This occurs in other collections, too.  The glazed
pottery would keep the possibly strongly flavored/colored  liquid of the
dish from leaving something in the unglazed pottery pot walls..  I do
have a Romertopf, but haven't used it much.  Keep forgetting to soak it
first so that it's ready to use when I'm ready to cook.

Sometimes size is specified, sometimes the pot's material.
What people's experiences?

Yes, Stefan, I'm heading for the Florilegium!  ;-)

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com