SC - introduction- new list member

Donna Kepner Ford evfemia at mail.com
Fri Apr 28 21:16:13 PDT 2000

"James F. Johnson" wrote:

> lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> >
> > Bear wrote:
> > >A salamander is a hot iron used for browning, melting cheese, etc.
> > >Four-legged salamanders are a symbol for the element of fire.  A flaming
> > >heraldic salamander toasting cheese was proposed several years ago as the
> > >badge of the SCA Cooks list.  A couple of gifs were created, but they appear
> > >to have faded into the mists of cyberspace.
> >
> > Now THAT would be a cool way for us to identify each other at events
> > - wear a Cooks List badge...
>
> Gee,....how about a cuskynole? :-P
>
> Seumas

Please... somebody tell me what a cuskynole is?  I'm dying to know.
(Even my spell checker doesn't know what it is.)

I think it would be really cool to come up with an identifying symbol to
wear at events.  Something anyone could easily come up with.  How about
a 3-pronged fork as a hat pin?  (ha-ha)

Evfemia at mail.com
Barony of Iron Mtn. Meridies