SC - Re: SC 'zines to recommend

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 23:51:09 PDT 2000

Does anyone remember who the right person is who is working on
translating Martino?

Anne Marie, he used to post on the old Madrone list.  Do you remember and
may I have his address, please?

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com

- --------- Begin forwarded message ----------
From: grizly at mindspring.com
To: allilyn at juno.com
Subject: Re: Martino
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:43:10 -0400

Good Allison,

Would that it were I!  Alas, I have not the time or skills for such a
project a this time.  I don't recall who it was, either.  You may need to
repost to the list to get the contact info.

I am very interested in your classes on jellied and frittered foods at
Pennsic if I can get there this year.

niccolo

allilyn at juno.com wrote:
> Hi niccolo,
Are you the fellow translating Martino?  If so, how is it coming?  I have
a few of the recipes through the Medieval Kitchen by Redon, et al.  Am
getting more and more interested as I read the new Neapolitan Collection
Scully put out recently.

You probably will want to publish and sell, but how do you feel about
discussing things?  Scully says the Neapolitan predates Martino, but is a
lot the same.  If I were to ask about certain things, would you be
willing to post back and forth?  Jellied dishes, for example.  I'm
translating some interesting ones from the German Rheinfrankisches
Kochbuch and will teach a class at Pennsic on them, and also on fritters.
 I'd like to have the Mediterranean versions of these, too.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.