SC - Puck's favorite Asparagus- OOP and definitely OT now

Donna Kepner Ford evfemia at mail.com
Sat Apr 29 00:36:50 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/28/00 7:25:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kareno at lewistown.net writes:

<<
     I just recieved a "fabulous offer"  from  >COOK'S ILLUSTRATED<  and
 wondering if it's worth all the publishers claim it to be.   >>

    I, at least, like it a lot and pick it up pretty often. Their big draw is
that they try various techniques and recipes many different ways to come up
with what they consider the optimum recipe for a given food. I may not always
agree with their assessment, but I haven't disliked any of their versions
yet! Their pie crust recipe from several years back is what I usually use
now, and I recently got around to trying their version of macaroni and
cheese, which was to die for!
    You might want to check out a few issues on the newsstand or at the
library before you subscribe, but I would imagine you'd enjoy reading

                Ldy Diana