SC - Don't like Chocolate?!?

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Apr 29 08:30:17 PDT 2000

> Some of the items I used (again, all had to be servable cold, but I made a
> point of the fact that most probably *wouldn't* have been served cold in
> period) were Pies of Parys (which I have made in tart sizes and taken to
> Pennsic; they've stayed good three days or more in a cooler); Koken von
> Honer, which is a chicken pie; cold sliced roast beef with winter cameline
> sauce and piper sauce; gingerbread; Chireseye.  The recipes I used are
> available on request :-)

Yum!  I'd love to see your recipes on these - especially the Chireseye!

I did something similar for a recent luncheon - served a variety of
tarts (quiches), cold sliced meats with a variety of sauces, cameline
beef brewet - since it all had to be served room temp.  (I'll share
recipes too, if you'd like.)

> Compost definitely wouldn't be a problem as far as spoiling, and I've used
> that for demos with fairly good results..

Thanks for the suggestions.  :)  I just think that if we're introducing
people to the fighting, the costuming, the crafts, then why not
introduce them to the food as well?  It won't be a "feast" experience,
but the flavors are so delicious and different that it will at least
give them a taste of what our feastcrats can do on a larger scale.  :)