SC - An Introduction and a Question

Bronwynmgn@aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 16:05:28 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/29/2000 1:12:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
evfemia at mail.com writes:

<< Even though I have played for over three years now, I have never been to
 Pennsic.  That's a really long trek from Alabama.  >>

I've known folks to come yearly from Texas or Montana, but not a large
proportion of the people out there.  If it's something you get a chance to
do, go ahead, it's a great experience.  But don't let anybody make you feel
like a second class citizen if you can't!

 <>
Well, I wouldn't say actually using them is "prevalent".  A lot of the
classes are more lecture than cooking.  I have seen open-fire cooking
classes, and some folks do try to use period recipes etc on a fairly regular
basis; others might just do one night of period stuff and the rest general
camp cooking.  I'm looking forward to this year; we will be able to have a
firepit, and since the lady of the household, myself, Allison, and several
other members of the camp are cooks, we are planning on using the fire for
period recipes as much as possible.

Brangwayna Morgan