SC - Pennsic Milk

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 21:21:48 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/29/00 3:45:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> but generally lose the momentum when
>  > confronted with a tantalizing piece of cheese wrapped in bacon and deep
> fried
>  > in fat.  Num Num!
>  >
>  > Balthazar of Blackmoor
>
>  Hey, don't get me wrong. I love all the components therein, and if
>  sufficiently hungry could cram down almost two ounces of the lipidinous
>  delights. It's just, well, too much of a good thing. Kinda like eating a
>  stick of butter.

Um...guilty.  I'm not proud of it, but I do have a rather profound fondness
for unsalted butter.  One knob for the sauce, and one for the Chef...

>  Another consideration is what you eat this with... maybe with a good
>  salad of, say, watercress, endive and Boston lettuce, maybe a
>  mushroom-stock vinaigrette (sherry vinegar, ooh baby!), I'd have less of
>  a problem than with the dish showing up as an accompaniment to a shell
>  steak.

Agreed.  Your dinner shouldn't be served with a complementary "medic alert"
bracelet.... Nor should your waiter be seen warming up the defibrulator in
the service alley...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.