SC - Don't like Chocolate?!?

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 22:08:17 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/29/00 8:47:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

>  But nobody argues that the medieval cooks didn't make substitutions.
>  The argument is that, unless we have their list of substitutions for
>  a particular recipe (as in the examples given), we don't know what
>  substitutions they would have used. And the fact that they
>  substituted A for B in one recipe doesn't mean they would have made
>  the same substitution in another. As any modern cook knows, what
>  substitutes work varies with the recipe.

Right.  I've been updated on the reasons, and agree that there is nothing
left to debate.  From a purely historical re-creation aspect, any change from
the original is not documentable.  If you are coming from this perspective, I
understand.  It just takes this author a little longer for things to sink
in.... :)

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who fears he may, even as King, be remembered only as "that guy who wants to
substitute everything")
Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.