Subject: Re: Subject: SC - tongue

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Apr 30 09:46:50 PDT 2000

'C' rats, [c stands for canned, by the way] at least had some variety-my
personal favorite was the gorilla cookie[the chocolate walnut cake] what
was worse was teh old 'K' type emergency ration. Imagine a sort of brick
like bar of what looked and tasted like an interesting thing to do with
leftover boot soles-grind them up, add vitamines and format it into a
loaf! Each rat would be enough to survive on for 1 day...if you could
eat and keep it down,  I guess. The modern MREs aren't too bad, I like
the dehydrated strawberries-they are just like the crunchberries from
Cap'n Krunch, although the dehydrated pork pattie takes a bit of getting
used to. There are several cookbooks out now on how to recombine several
different MREs into a group meal that are interesting.
margali
who also hase a case of MREs for emergency...

Are MRE's anything like the old military rations?