SC - transporting ingredients

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun Apr 30 20:36:12 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/30/00 8:15:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
morgana.abbey at juno.com writes:

> Those of us who are late period can have all the chocolate, potatoes,
>  tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins, vanilla, turkey, etc that we want.  I like
>  this.

Don't forget corn...I believe the Italians imported corn from Syria, though I
can't find the reference again right now (still looking, though).  Also,
according to the Larousse Gastronomique (though it does not give a primary
source for this statement); "In Homer's time cooks as such did not exist.
Female slaves ground the corn and prepared the food."  This brings to memory
another reference which may place corn well within period, though it slips my
memory at the moment.  I will find it and post it a.s.a.p.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.