SC - Green soup

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 3 04:11:36 PDT 2000

Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:

> This appears to be "Chebolace" from the Form of Cury, which appears
> as recipe #23 "savory green soup" in the second ed. of _Pleyn Delit_.
> That edition calls for rice flour, not arrowroot, which Hieatt explains as
> her own addition to aid the eggs in thickening the broth.  The original
> recipe does not call for almonds or almond milk.

Thank you! I knew there was a logical explanation; I just didn't know
what it was. I did look pretty closely at PD, but I have the first
edition, not the second. Since I rarely cook from it, the little
mistakes in the first edition haven't been much of a problem, and the
improvements in the second an issue for me.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com