SC - Is Arrowroot Period?

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Mon Apr 3 16:04:04 PDT 2000

melcnewt at netins.net writes:

> The Corpora does state that we recreate Pre 17th Century Western European
>  culture, If you can find a recipe using Arrowroot from Portugual or Spain
>  before 1600, then by all means share it and it will be deemed a period
item.

Okay, here we go again.   If we are to recreate only Western European
culture, then why are there so many Russian and Middle Eastern personae in
the SCA?  If you can find a ships manifest which indicates "Russian and
Middle Eastern Passengers", then we'll deem them period, as well.

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(with tongue firmly in cheek)