SC - 2 REC for -Passover Eggs & chicken

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Tue Apr 4 18:52:18 PDT 2000

> No, corn products are out because they *appear* to rise

Ah-hah!  That makes much more sense.  Now I'm not so confused :)  I'm
about to marry a Jewish man who doesn't keep kosher, except for the
kosher-for-Passover part.  He's very bemused by the fact that I find
kosher law more fascinating than he ever has.  I keep asking him
questions he can't answer.  He ends up directing me back to the friend I
mentioned earlier, who is even more bemused by my curiosity than he is.

> What? Corn syrup?  If the item is intended as a sweetener, just substitute
> another sweetener.

I wasn't sure if any random other sweetener would work.  The recipe is
for a glaze for one of those decadent flourless chocolate cakes.  I
figured the very hydrous syrup might contribute chemically to the
texture of the glaze and it's to set.  So, I wanted to make sure that
whatever I used had the same properties.  And the darned thing is
expensive to make, so I don't want to have to experiment more than
neccisary.

Magdalena vander Brugghe