SC - How do you know a dish was well liked or hated?

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Apr 4 19:19:38 PDT 2000

My first thought was...try out the recipes on people beforehand.  Ask people of
varying food preferences. I've been to feasts where some of us liked a
particular dish, and some of us hated it, in which case, you'd have to weigh
your options.
I tend to do a lot of talking about what I'm planning on serving long before the
actual event, and I do pay attention to what folks tell me.  If two thirds of
our Barony hates raisins in their Roo stew (?), to borrow Raoghnailt's example,
I might make some for myself at home, but probably wouldn't serve it an event.
You can also try out dishes on unsuspecting mundanes--I took Armored Turnips to
my Office Xmas Potluck, and people who don't normally eat turnips really liked
them.
- --Maire