SC - Soup amounts

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 23:35:05 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/4/00 10:17:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bsusan at corp.earthlink.net writes:

> Greetings all,
>
>  I am providing soup and salad for a feast, number of attendees still
>  unknown.  About how much soup would a portion be?  It is leek soup.
>
>  Eleanor d'Aubrecicourt

This really depends on a few factors, such as a) how many dishes are going to
be served with it? and b)where in the list it will be served.

For a main course soup, 8 - 10 ounces is a generous portion.  For anything
else, it could be between 4 and 6, depending on the factors listed above.
The best way to tell is to get an empty bowl and fill it with water until it
"looks" like a good portion.  Then pour the water into a measuring device and
see how much you have.

Hope this Helps

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.