SC - The Rock

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Apr 5 22:55:15 PDT 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/5/00 9:56:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mooncat at in-tch.com writes:
>
> << What _is_ this rock everyone keeps running for?
>  --Maire >>
>
> It is an ugly blob which suddenly appeared on the Cathedral of the Flaming
> Salamander's lawn one night and has since been turned into a speakeasy for
> the souls who feel like partying instead of joining the congregation eating
> from the cauldron in the Cathedral. ;-) Some of our priests are known to hang
> out there occasionally. Even Poppa has been there to visit. ;-) It does have
> a great hot tub though  and good food and drink. :-)

What Ras has so carefully neglected to mention is the fact that the Rock
has appeared as a refuge- a haven for those who say something silly,
foolish, goofy, simply un-PC or occasionally rude and need a place to
dive behind to avoid the missles thrown our way. And there are enough of
us who regularly take refuge that we installed certain amenities.
Sometimes the hot tub is a little crowded. But the company is good.

'Lainie