SC - How do you know a dish was well liked or hated?

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 10:05:51 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/5/00 11:06:45 PM !!!First Boot!!!, RichSCA at aol.com
writes:

<< If it comes back because the dish was wonderful, but populace was "too
full"
 to eat it...it still bothers me.
 In both cases, I feel that I have spent the group's money unwisely.  I want
 the populace to eat their fill, but not have too much waste. Is this a
 contradiction or an impossibility?

 Rayne  >>

=======================

Neither.  I have an interesting "view" on feasts.  In my not so humble
oppinion  :-))  I think that the feast is the most important part of the
event.  Unless you have a vested interest in the days activities, you tend to
remember what you had to eat.  You don't want to be "remembered" as the
(insert feast person word here) who was responsible for something like
underdone chicken or insufficient portions.

In the Outlands, by and large, the feasts are cooked according to the number
of reservations that exist.  They don't fundraise here particularly well, so
they make their operating money on the profit from feasts. (Not the best way
of doing things IMHO).  I budget $3 a head for food, and go from there.

The feast where food came back was the feast I have cooked for 10 years now.
We call it Hunters Feast.  It is cooked from donated wild game.  If someone
brings me something to cook, I cook it.  We had  7 courses this past
December.  The fowl course and the fish course  were loaded with "leftovers"
but I almost ran out of ziplocs handing them to the huddled masses at the
kitchen door to take home.

I would have to say ordinarily that if someone had planned and still come up
with a huge amount of left overs, that they should look at their portion
control again.

Aldyth