SC - How do you know a dish was well liked or hated?

RichSCA at aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 11:41:36 PDT 2000

I agree with all of your missive, but this one part (that I copied below)
really strikes home.  I, honestly, do NOT attend an event with the feast in
mind.  I go for the activities or companions... BUT, having said that, if the
feast is bad or a disappointment (for whatever reason) it is what is
remembered about the whole event.  Strange, uh??  If there is too much time
between courses, the dishes too cold (when they shouldn't be), if dishes
taste "funny", or the entertainment is annoying, whatever.  It tends to be
summed up as "the feast sucked".  When I hear something like that - I try to
get a little more elaboration on the whole thing.  Sometimes whatever
produced the comment had nothing to do with the food at all or was definitely
a "personal interpretation." As in -- "the feast was terrible -- there were
nuts [or in one case, citrus) in everything."  Ah, come on... Was there
"really" nuts in every SINGLE dish?

Rayne

In a message dated 4/6/00 12:19:21 PM Central Daylight Time, Aldyth at aol.com