SC - I CHALLENGE YOU...

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Thu Apr 6 22:21:43 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 6 Apr 00,, that Black Jade wrote:

> For example. I NEVER measure out my spices.  I season to taste, as I'm
> sure many cooks did back then, I also sometimes discover that my ideas
> of what is sufficently seasoned to differ slightly from other peoples.

When I am redacting a recipe, I keep a sheet of paper nearby with the
original recipe on it, and I scribble down the ingredients and amounts
I've used.  I start out with a measured amount of spice that I think is
about right, and then I increase it, bit by bit, in small units.

At other times I have been known to season by taste without
measuring, but when I'm redacting, I want measured quantities.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net