SC - Brussel sprouts

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Apr 7 10:35:30 PDT 2000

The recipe I've been promising for the Brussels Sprouts is:

Herbed Brussels Sprounts

Brussels sprouts 1 10 oz pkg. frozen (actually, I use fresh ones...)
Onion, 1 small, thinly striped.
Butter, 1 tbsp.
Garlic, 1 clove, minced
Thyme, 1/4 tsp.
Oregano, 1/4 tsp.
Salt 1/4 tsp.
Pepper, 1/4 tsp.

Steam sprouts and onion slices for about 10 minutes.  In a sauce pan melt
butter.  Saute the garlic until brown.  Add the steamed sprouts and onion, thyme,
oregano, salt and pepper.  Cook, stirring ooccasionally, for 4-5 minutes, until
vegetables are heated through.

I hope you all enjoy...I know I do!

On the subject of potato salad, try quartering red skin potatoes and boiling them
until tender.  Toss them with pesto and pine nuts and chill.  This makes a very
unusual and tasty potato salad that can be taken to picnics without worrying
about the mayonnaise.

Both of these, of course, are out of period.....

Kiri