SC - encouraging newbies

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 05:32:04 PDT 2000

Good for you!!!  Welll done!! Sounded like a blast!
Phillipa Seton
<< >ideas?

 And my thoughts on the matter are:  no problem!  Make it sound like a game!
 We had 20 mundane people over the other night, who go to 'cooking classes'
 (read:  they turn up and watch) regularly here on the research station.
 They made and tended the fire, they baked bread over it, they made pasta
 from scratch, they didn't use a single modern recipe - or the stove.  I
 translated some of the recipes into modern words, but not all, and they
 handled them beautifully.  And some of the people have come up to me
 afterwards and said (a) ow much fun they thought it was and (b) that they've
 actually tried the recipes at home as well.  Can you tell I'm bragging yet?

 Cairistiona >>