SC - organ meat recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Apr 9 16:52:08 PDT 2000

Balthazar of Blackmoor asked:
> korrin.daardain at juno.com writes:
> >  That one might make her ill but this one will give her a heart attack.
> >
> >  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >   Geed (penis of ox or bull)
> >   Posted by Elise Fleming <alysk at ix.netcom.com>
> >   Petits Propos Culinaires printed an article in 1987 entitled
> >  "Udder and Other Extremeties: Recipes from the Jews of Yemen" by Barbara
> >  Kirshenblatt-Gimblett.
> >   500 grams, 1 lb. penis
> >   1 onion chopped
>
> Anyone have the recipe for "Torpedo"?  Very similar, but from a different
> animal.  Goat, I believe.

At times, this list seems to be fixated on such recipes. However, I
don't remember one using goat, at least under that name.

You might find these files in the FOOD section of my files to be
interesting:
organ-meats-msg   (43K) 12/ 1/99    Period cooking of organ meats.
exotic-meats-msg  (57K)  1/31/00    Period and SCA exotic meats. Swans,
ostrich,
                                       crawfish, dormice.

Sometimes finding the food supplies for some of these foods can be
difficult. This file might prove useful for that:
food-sources-msg  (36K)  3/19/99    Modern sources for unusual medieval
meats
                                       and other foods.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net