SC - Open/Closed Kitchens

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Mon Apr 10 09:15:00 PDT 2000

    I try to keep to low key atmosphere myself, and whenever possible, not
overwork the volunteers. I have a list of specific things that need to be
done, have people do one or two, then thank them with something nice.
Something that works well is to keep a blender of Strawberry Daquiris going.
When somebody's done, I give 'em a Daquiri, thank them, and send them out
the door.
    Of course, quickly someone'll say 'hey! where'd you get that?', and the
volunteer will say 'in the kitchen. if you volunteer, they give you one!'
and next thing you know, I've got another volunteer. Works like a charm . .
.

    Sieggy