SC - Open VS Closed Kitchens (Rant)

James R. May robmay at home.com
Mon Apr 10 20:04:33 PDT 2000

At 09:44 PM 4/10/00 -0400, you wrote:

>I think we need to relax here a bit. I'm not entirely sure that there IS
>such a thing as an open, or closed. kitchen, unless there's a household
>thing going on.
>
>My experience has been, that  when I volunteered to help a Laurel Cook in my
>own area, that he has such an efficient assistant, that other than some odd
>chopping, he just doesn't need me, so I have always wandered off and found
>something else to help with- Troll, Archery, Stuph runs, whatever. There's
>just some people like that. Actually, it encouraged me to become a
>Chirurgeon, something I regret daily (Yeah, right ;-)
When I arrived at the Coronation where Mistress Kiri (newly on this list)
cooked the feast last year, I found out that my reservation had arrived too
late to get on-board. I returned to my truck for my apron and knives and
spent a rewarding day learning in her "closed" kitchen. This past Febuary I
co-cooked a feast with Mistress Kielyn (also new to this list) and once
again learned much in a "closed" kitchen. We gladly gave work to all of the
volunters.

Jehan Yves