SC - Welcome Olaf/ feast disasters

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Wed Apr 12 11:18:02 PDT 2000

Hej!
is modern Swedish, it means hello/goodby if I am understaning the tapes I
am trying to learn it from.  The list so far has been interesting.  I was
wondering if I should post a letter about the Birka event to the list(I had
posted it to the Norse folk list) it sounds like it might be apporprate
since it covers the disaster at the feast of the first Birka but it is
rather long.
	The best recovery from a feast disaster I witnessed was at an event in
Meridies about 4 years ago.  The event was held by Thornegill (Montgomery,
AL) I believe.  The event was being held at Kolomokii State Park near
Blakely, GA a very small town in the County where my family is from & where
I was living at the time.  The Feastocrat had done all the prep work &
precook at home & was driving the 100 or so miles to the site when disaster
struck. She was run off the road & her vehical caught fire.  I am proud
that people who when told of this first asked "Is she all right?" & after
being assured she was then asked what was to be done for the feast.  They
scrambled & got substitute cooks who went shopping in garb on a Sat evening
in a VERY Redneck town & feed everyone an excelent, if not very period,
Cajin feast.  The first remove was well recieved if not eaten, it consisted
of the Ashes of the original feast.
Hej!
Olaf