SC - Is drinking water "period"

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Sat Apr 15 11:07:03 PDT 2000

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:

> is administered cold, sometimes boiled with herbs.  I cannot tell from
> this if people of the time voluntarily drank water as a beverage.  Medical
> and nutritional texts generally reflect what people *should* be doing, but
> not necessarily what they *are* doing.

In Ann Hagens "Anglo-Saxon Food; Processing and Consumption" she
writes "Otherwise wine (for the senior members of society), ale, mead,
cider/fruit wines, or water were drunk." (p 74).

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
Go to hell! or other insult direct is all the answer a snoopy question rates.
		-- Lazarus Long (R.A. Heinlein)