SC - Plastic Ware

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 17 07:45:52 PDT 2000

> Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:57:35 -0400
> From: "Robin Carroll-Mann" <harper at idt.net>
> Subject: Re: SC - Plastic Ware
>
> And it came to pass on 17 Apr 00,, that Par Leijonhufvud wrote:
>
> > I more and more gather that our camp (a smallish pseudo-household) is
> > borderline enchanted ground, and that many SCA camps in Nordmark is
> > "enchanted ground light". Or is "period tents only, keep the obviously
> > modern stuff hidden" the actual standard everywhere?
>
> Inter-Kingdom anthropology alert!  In some areas, such as my region of
> the East Kingdom, camping events are rare, and daylong events at a
> rented hall are the standard.  I camp (at most) twice a year, with
> modern camping gear, and most of my barony does the same.

Yeah,  I'd have to agree (living roughly an hour north of Lady Brighid):
viable campsites are few and far between, while there are lots and lots
of churches and schools we can rent for a day. I'd say when I _do_ camp,
which is probably even less than twice a year since I haven't been to
Pennsic in a while, my group seems to use a mixture of modern tents and
period pavillions.
Of course we don't tend to spend huge amounts of time in camp anyway...
must be those type-A-personalities we in Ostgardr are all rumored to
have ;  ) .

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy