SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2140

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Tue Apr 18 18:34:21 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/16/00 7:57:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

>  My confirmation from Amazon.com is for $127.00.  I recently had an e-mail
>  conversation with Dr Buell and although he was VERY unhappy about the price
>  the publisher had put on it, the amount he quoted to me).  As I  say he is
>  very unhappy about the publisher, and maybe this is why!
>
>  On another note, I got a notice from Oxford Press that a book: Chaucer and
>  Costume was coming out.  The prices quoted were 25 pounds, or $150 USD!  I
>  wrote back to the company and they immediately put in a corrected price of
>  $87.50 USD and gave me the address for Boydell and Brewer where I could
>  order it.  If you are going to be flogging books at Pennsic Devra, this one
>  would certainly be of interest!  (As you probably already know.)

My Lady, thank you for this information!  I buy regularly from Boydell and
Brewer (just got "Fashion in the Age of the Black Prince" from them) and I
will definitely check into the book that you mentioned.
Devra the Baker (and Pennsic is only 31/2 months away! arrgh)
Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com