SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2153

Kay Loidolt mmkl at indy.net
Wed Apr 19 05:27:16 PDT 2000

> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:48:18 EDT
> From: Morgana Abbey <morgana.abbey at juno.com>
> Subject: Re: SC - period egg sizes
>
> The best source for that info would probably be the Rare Farm Breeds
> Conservancy.  I'm sure they have a web page.
>
> Or does anyone know someone who's in the conservancy?
>
> Morgana

Johann von Metten, medieval Poultrier, responds

 I am a member of the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy
(albc~usa.org) for about 5 years now. There is also the New England
Heritage Breeds Conservancy(nehbc.org). While both of these groups
emphasis 17th-19th cen. American breeds, they have been most helpful in
my research regarding older breeds.

Johann von Metten

P.S. BTW, thanks, Ras, for your imput, there are LOTS of people out
there who really have very limited ideas regarding the study of animal
husbandry and what it takes to put food into their kithchens let alone
onto their tables!!