SC - quick important note- update

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Wed Apr 19 15:41:17 PDT 2000

Bonne of Traquair wrote:

> I'd think one of those palm-top computers could maybe replace it though, IF
> both my home and work computers were compatible with it so I could upload
> and download e-mails and schedules from both (right now, I print them out
> and put them in the binder) and IF I had access to a scanner in order to
> include information that came to me non-electronically

I might agree, but I personally have an easier time scanning three or
four pages in or from a loose leaf notebook than I can on a screen. I do
tend to type lots of notes into my lap top, but when going through
references, it's easier for me to write down the information than to
type it in (I do it later). What tends to go into my laptop is finalized
recipies/redactions adjusted for the quantity I want, cleaned up
shopping/price lists, and budget spread sheets. I can have a thought and
write in down in 15 seconds, the time it takes to grap the book, open
it, find a page, and write it. The laptop takes longer to power up, plus
open the file.

Seumas