SC - A new project....

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Apr 20 20:00:01 PDT 2000

Is this happening at a camping event, or somewhere where there's accessible
refrigeration, etc.?  I've done similar munchy-related things, but primarily
non-period or periodoid, since my period cookbook collection is meagre at best.
My first thought, since you'll have vegans there, is to serve strips of pita
bread that are slightly dried out or toasted (kinda like the corn chip strips
you can buy), with a variety of hummuses and tapenades and tsaziki sauce (cuke,
yogurt, etc).  The vegans wouldn't be able to eat the tsaziki because of the
dairy, but you can do amazing things with hummus.  Check out the vegetarian
cookbook _The Enchanted Broccoli Forest_ for more ideas--the author has a
section on snacks, etc.
I'm sure stuff like this falls into the "not incongruous" category, but it
transports easily, can sit out for a while, and tastes pretty darned good.
- --Maire