SC - Dangers of pressure cookers

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 20:41:59 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/20/00 10:51:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
WyteRayven at aol.com writes:

<< Are they really that dangerous, or are they fairly safe as long as you
follow common sense?

 Ilia >>

I have owned and used a pressure cooker for 25 years. I have never had a
problem with mine. I always follow the manufacturer's instructions. I use
mine mostly for canning so reducing the pressure quickly has not been an
issue but I have used it sporadically for other purposes and have had no
problem with it other than the time I tried to convert it into a still and
the resulting meltdown of the attached homemade pieces resulted in a nice 4
ft. pure blue flame for several minutes. :-) Get one! You will wonder how you
ever did without it. :-)

Ras