SC - Chickpeas

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 21:32:26 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/20/00 3:46:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
catwho at bellsouth.net writes:

<< Actually the difference is cost.  I can buy a pound of dry chick
 peas for less than a dollar and when cooked I have my large crock pot
 full.  I can buy a 10-1/2 oz can of cooked chickpeas for around $1.29
  When weighing the two options for making a meal for a large group, I
 would prefer to go with dry just for pure cost effectiveness.

 Melbrigda >>

I can buy #10 cans for $2.29 (a gallon). I would say that in view of quantity
and fuel costs that is a pretty good deal. :-)

Ras