SC - A new project....

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Fri Apr 21 07:30:09 PDT 2000

James F. Johnson wrote:

> A friend (and squire to one of 'Lainie's dearest friends) has asked me
> to come up with appropriate 'finger food' the eve before his being
> Pel'd. He's a tenth century Icelander, which makes documentable dishes
> and recipes practicably nil. On top of that, some, but not all, of his
> guests will be vegan. He made the request to at least avoid a
> preponderance of fish dishes.

I was given the exact same job for one of my teacher's apprentice's
Laurel vigil last year (part of what he was getting his Laurel for was
Icelandic research and persona stuff).  After much noodling around the
available sources, I came up with:

(cold) roast beef in Lord's Salt, in bite-size pieces
"Viking Barley Bagels" from Thora Sharptooth's web site--I'm not sure
  if they turned out as they should have (they were _damn_ hard)
  but the candidate liked them
Plum preserves
Prunes
Dried cherries
Farmer's cheese
Smoked fish

Other people were bringing stuff, so I didn't go overboard--we didn't
have much space in the car.

HTH, HAND, etc.,

Vika