SC - Authenticity as A&S Entries

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 21 21:50:21 PDT 2000

> > << Am I going to be  chided and guffawed if, during my A&S entry, It is
> > noticed that I substituted  Mace for Nutmeg,>>
> > <<or prepared a "classic" dish with pork instead of beef?  >>
> > <<Am  I going to be denied my Laurel, my Pelican, my Albatross or what
>have
> > you?   >>
> >
> > Absolutely not, being an expert in ones field of study has little or no
> > bearing on whether these awards are given or not.

For many of us, for most competitions, the judges aren't going to be
anything like the experts on this list. There's a good chance that if you
include all the explanations and documentation expected by those on this
list, you'll soon be considered SUCH an expert that you'll find yourself
judging more compettions than you enter.

Of course, Batlthazar, I beleive,  resides near both Huette and Cariodoc, so
he may not find himself in this situation!

Bonne