SC - Re: open cloesd kitchen

Patrick Hood kelan at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 23 09:26:38 PDT 2000

> One of my kitchen helpers feels that goggles are insufficient as this does
not
> solve the sniffle problem.  She resorts to a fully enclosed face mask with
> snorkel attachment which she swears by . . . ;-)
> Lorix

Onion sensitivity seems to vary from person to person.  Could this helper be
better used elsewhere?  I have found soaking onions in cold water right
after peeling helps a great deal.  Some cooks find cutting the onions in a
large pot or sink where they can be held under water prefferable to wearing
face gear.

The onions are held underwater not the cooks.
Nykademus