SC - Re: open cloesd kitchen

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun Apr 23 16:40:12 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/23/00 8:34:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lorix at trump.net.au writes:

> > ...we have a lot of onions to chop for the feast. A very
>  > nice lady who I won't out publicly on the list, privately
>  > suggested that swimming goggles, known for their tight
>  > seal around the eye, are the perfect way to combat the
>  > typical tears from cutting too many onions.

>  One of my kitchen helpers feels that goggles are insufficient as this does
> not
>  solve the sniffle problem.  She resorts to a fully enclosed face mask with
>  snorkel attachment which she swears by . . . ;-)
>  Lorix

How about a Hazardous Materials Protection Suit, taped at the wrists and
ankles, with an oxygen tank and waste recycling unit??

Or, you could just point a little fan across the table so the fumes aren't as
strong.  Also, refrigerating the onions for about a half hour before cutting
will help.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what realy has no Name.