SC - Florilegium comments

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Apr 24 22:53:32 PDT 2000

Balthazar of Blackmoor commented:
> stefan at texas.net writes:
> >  You can find recipes for cooking aluminum foil in this section of the
> >  > Florilegium:
> >  > sca-recipes (FOILS, FILMS, AND TISSUES) - tasty alternatives to phylo
> > dough
> >
> >  ROTFLMAO. However, it is actually:
> >  gilded-food-msg   (22K)  4/19/99    Gilded foods. Using gold and silver
> foil.
>
> Oh...why does that not surprise me? :)  Is there anything you do NOT have in
> that infernal compendium??

"infernal"??? sigh.

Actually, yes there is. Lots of stuff. I only get four mail lists and do
an occasional trip over to the Rialto. And this list has kept me so busy
recently that I've not been reading much in the others that I do get.
There are literally hundreds of different SCA-oriented maillists. There
are probably bunches and bunches of useful information I am missing.

If folks do see something in another list that they think should be
part of the Florilegium, I would love for them to send the message,
or better the message thread in a single file, to me. Unless told not
to, I do give credit to those who send me such material.

I am currently adding between ten and twenty new files to the Florilegium
each month. While some of these new files are cleaved off of older files,
most of these are new material. I update about 50 to 100 files per month.

Maybe I should post a list of topics I would like get articles on, at
the Florilegium site. Perhaps this would encourage some folks to write
some articles? There is nothing exclusive about the Florilegium. The
author retains the copyright and is thus free to submit the article
to other publications or enter it in A&S contests. For instance, there
is a Master's thesis in the Florilegium.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net