SC - Ravioli, dumplings, and excoriation

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 01:19:22 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/24/00 7:12:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> > "Technically" is what we wanted, wasn't it??  I really don't know of any
>  > other way to describe a quenelle...
>
>  Um, with respect, maybe you should try harder. Is there really no
>  difference between a quenelle and, say, the meatballs from the local
>  pizzeria? (Okay, so those are nominally sauteed or fried before
>  immersing in red goo, but I think you know what I mean...)

I had only intended with my original post to give the basic idea of what a
quenelle is.  A poached ball of forcemeat.  Similar to an Italian meatball,
yes, but not very.   Your definition more than fits the bill, Sir.  :)

Balthazar of Blackmoor
Words are Trains for moving past what realy has no Name.